Saturday:
Received a massage this morning which was very nice. Afterward I went to have brunch with two friends from massage school. One of them just had a baby so I got to meet him outside of her belly for a change! :)
Afterward I went to Barnes and Noble! It was nice but I was nervous about getting ready for my date so I couldn't really relax.
Went home, did laundry, got ready and met my date at Starbucks. He looked like his photo. He was very polite. He listened and asked me questions. I knew he had a really big interest in gaming and was a self-proclaimed geek, which I thought was kind of charming. I didn't realize it was such a big part of his life that his room (he told me, I wasn't in his room lol) is covered with fantasy/sci-fi posters. He has a shelf of comic book collections, and a wall and curio cabinet of anime and superhero figurines- all scantily-clad women. He lives with a 45 year old male roommate and he has 3 different dungeons and dragons gaming groups that meet at least 4 times per month.
Ok so he wasn't kidding about the geek factor, but it wasn't even all of those things that made me uninterested.
It was his voice. He is 39 and seriously sounded like a 15 year old girl. To the point where people looked at him when I walked up to him and he introduced himself. To the point that I actually questioned if this was truly a man or if perhaps he was female transitioning to male. And I have been down that road with my divorce and don't want that. In addition to his voice, his mannerisms were very flamboyant and feminine. So I was confused.
During our conversation I asked why he was never married, because I was curious but also so that when he asked me about my marriage, I could explain how it ended. Which I would normally never do on a first date- but I wanted to see his reaction - which was that he was completely nonjudgmental about it (nor was I) but he stressed that he is "all man" lol. Toward the end of the date, he mentioned that in his last 5-month long relationship, he was frustrated because she would only see him once every couple of weeks. And he said he doesn't want that in his next relationship and that physical intimacy is really important to him. This baffled me. Does he not know how he sounds? Has anyone never told him?
I don't mean to sound judgmental, I just prefer more of a confident, assertive man with masculine features.
I told him afterward that I wasn't feeling a connection and he asked if I could explain what he's doing or not doing that made me feel that way because several other women have said the same thing. But I could not bring myself to tell him the real reason why. Ugh, I felt terrible because he said he really liked me.
Anyway, this particular date has taught me to have at least one phone conversation before meeting.
Breakfast: Nothing
Brunch: Omelette, home fries, English muffin, coffee, water, juice
Date: Peach infused tea
Dinner was late at 11:30pm: BK cheeseburger and 2 snickers pies
i love how matter of fact this post is
ReplyDeleteoh blah dee oh blah dah...
sing it ;)
good job going to b&n!
Lol! I love that song!
Deletexo
Delete