July 19, 2017

Change Day 2.1

Week 2, Change Day 1 (which should have been yesterday but I'm going to do another later, lol.

My appointment yesterday went well. We discussed my assignment and whether or not anything came up. Of course I just wrote about basic, everyday things. But I did share with her that I think some past issues definitely play a factor. So we discussed those issues (my ex mostly) and how I felt going through it, and how I dealt with it. Then we discussed my current feelings about my body...which I hate. "What areas?" "This one...this one....that one...oh and this, too.." until every body part was included. lol

So we're not focusing on "antecedent behaviors" - which I can relate to, as it's an Applied Behavior Analysis term that I create marketing content about at work, lol. So it's all of the behaviors that led up to this point. In order to change patterns, we have to discover what each step in the antecedent behaviors are. For example, "if" I started a pattern of arriving late to work every morning (haha) and wanted to start arriving on time, I would trace back my behaviors and see what happened that change or was different from before. It might not be that I have to eat breakfast faster, or take shorter showers, or find another route to work. It could be that my alarm clock was set for 15 minutes later than usual and I have to change it to go off 15 minutes sooner. See what I mean?

So, this week, she wants me to write a statement at the end of each post about something (it could be anything at all, big or small) I do now that I didn't do when I was satisfied with my body. Start small, then focus on bigger things that are different. Example: I said "I sit on the couch when I get home from work and don't do anything." She said, "OK well maybe write that one on day 7 since that's a big one."

So, here goes:
I don't wear costume jewelry any more.

Hmm... interesting. Is it because I don't want to attract any attention because I'm unhappy with my weight?



2 comments:

  1. this is a good exercise. i love being here with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thank you. I love that it's you who is here with me!

      Delete

"If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If broken by an inside force, life begins. Great things always begin from the inside."

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.