July 19, 2017

Change Day 2.2

Really rough day at work. Too many deadlines and "emergencies" but not enough time. I'm OK though... I try not to let it stress me out too much anymore. I'm one person and I will do everything I can but I can't do any more than that!

So, Dana, since I know you experience binge eating,  have you ever heard of this "antecedent behavior" process? I find it interesting, and I'm curious to see if it really ends up helping.

According to the nutritionist, binge eating is whenever you feel out of control when you're eating something. She asked me how many binge days I had and I really didn't know. I never tracked it but I know that I feel out of control whenever I eat alone and it's usually after work. I'm starving and stressed and tired and my reward is food. And I can never have just one of anything, it always has to be two or more. 

Today: No breakfast, sandwich and a chocolate chip cookie for lunch but I always save the cookie for later or the next day. Coffee at 4, and after working late (left at 8:15pm), all I could think about was food. I'm on this Burger King hot dog kick. No idea why but I get two usually and three sometimes. Tonight I had three, with mustard and cheese. They're not huge, but they're so unhealthy! Before this hot dog kick, I hadn't had one in years! I also order 2 Snickers pie slices and eat those later at night, one after the other. 

Also, I purchased a large box of truffles for a coworker's birthday and another coworker who "forgot" to include me on her email list (even though I was planning it), got her a gift too. So I took the chocolates home thinking I could give them to someone else as a gift but I know for absolute certainty that I will eat every single one all by myself. Maybe not in one sitting but maybe in two :( ugh...and nothing would be able to change my mind... I'd definitely say that is a lack of control.

Ok, changed behavior: I used to practically live at Barnes and Noble and I no longer go.




1 comment:

  1. I have not heard of antecedent behavior process so I googled it yesterday and it seems like a really doable and effective tool to use!!

    ReplyDelete

"If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If broken by an inside force, life begins. Great things always begin from the inside."

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.