July 15, 2017

Change Day 4

I didn't write yesterday so I feel bad about that, but I'm writing tonight.

So, yesterday was pretty eventful. 

First, my boss, who works remotely from FL, was IM-ing with me at work and she just stopped responding and then wrote back about 30 minutes later and typed "sorry but something terrible happened in my yard and I had to go." So here's what happened: A man, 73, and his son, 52, have mowed the lawns of the houses in her neighborhood for the past nine years. Every Friday they park their truck in her driveway and mow her lawn. The father got out of the truck to get started but the son stayed inside. My boss heard a horn and looked outside and saw the father walking over to the truck. My boss then called into a phone conference, and the next time she looked outside, there were police, an ambulance and yellow tape everywhere. The son pressed on the horn to get his father's attention (they think) and then shot himself under the jawbone. The truck had pools of blood and her driveway was covered in it, too. Apparently the son was bipolar but the father said he'd know if he was off his meds, mood-wise, but also that he always reminded his son to take them. His poor father! How very sad and tragic. And what's more.... he was still alive when the ambulance took him away! I don't know if he made it or not, but the whole thing is just so shocking and heartbreaking. 

The second thing that happened yesterday: I woke up at 4:15am to a woman screaming at the top of her lungs outside of my apartment building. It seemed like she was pleading or something and then I heard a guy respond, then a car door closed and a car either drove off or just revved the engine. About 12 minutes later I heard the girl screaming and crying again so I put clothes on and looked out my window. I saw the lady who was in pajamas, running across the street toward the main circle of our community (it's all retail on the bottom and residential units above), as though she was trying to catch up with the guy. A few minutes later she came walking back toward her apartment and was sobbing uncontrollably. Then the police showed up - five cars and three others circling around the community. I went out on my balcony in case they had questions and to see what the heck was going on. They asked me what I saw/heard and asked if I saw a black male without a shirt. I told them everything but that I didn't see a guy, just the girl. Then another cop walked over and asked if I heard gunshots. I said no I just woke up hearing screaming. The cop said maybe it was the shot(s) that woke you because the neighbor who called us said he definitely heard shots. Do you know what car they drive? I don't. I don't even recall ever seeing her before. After a while of searching they left and asked me to call if I heard anything else. 

Creepy right? This is an uber-safe community. Really strange. 

You just never know where people are in their minds or what they're going through. 

I may be going through my eating and body issues but wow.... there's a whole world out there. I'm happy to be safe, alive and well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If broken by an inside force, life begins. Great things always begin from the inside."

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.