July 30, 2017

3.2

True to what I feared (from a couple of nights ago), I was called by my bank and notified of fraudulent activity on my account. Even when I make purchases that are out of the norm, sometimes my card is declined until I call them back to verify that I have made those purchases. It's annoying, but I am very grateful. So in this case, it was the typical pattern - a purchase was made for a dollar at some place I have no idea what it is, then an 18 cent charity donation, and then it increased to $100 at Dunkin Donuts and $574 at Bloomingdales Online. The only purchase that made it through was the 18 cent donation, which the bank is replacing (lol), so that's very good. They have deactivated that credit card number and will send a replacement.

I am 100% certain that this had to do with what happened late Sunday/early Monday. It is scam-related, and I still feel too stupid and humiliated to share it.

And I was so afraid something like this would happen afterward that I checked my bank account multiple times to make sure nothing odd appeared. I also researched the telltale signs - after the fact -  (see below) and I looked up this particular phone number...and everything completely fits. Ugh...

I will share the story one day, but not now.

Food
B: Nothing
L: Ice water, coffee, turkey sandwich
S: Chocolate chip cookie, one piece Godiva chocolate/caramel
D: 2 BK hot dogs
Dessert: 1 Snickers pie, 1 piece baklava, 1 small farina flour cookie

Changed behavior: Out of breath even when walking; was never that way prior.

2 comments:

  1. Just noticing this.
    Ugggg, sorry about the fraud.
    lesson learned.
    hug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I had this post in draft mode for a couple days which is why you didn't see it. About the fraud, it was frustrating but I was actually fearful of worse so hopefully that's all that will happen. I'll explain more when I'm not using my cell to post.

    ReplyDelete

"If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If broken by an inside force, life begins. Great things always begin from the inside."

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.