After talking with me, the new nutritionist didn't want to start with food. She wanted me to leave there with a plan that I could actually succeed in following. So she's starting with my relationship with food. My "homework" is to write for 10 minutes per day (about anything) to see what comes out of it. I have to end each entry with something positive- that's the only rule. Every day I do this will be considered what she calls a "change day" and when I visit next week, she'll ask how many change days I've had, with a goal of seven.
Writing? Me? Yes please! Now that's an assignment I can actually look forward to doing. And I'll be doing it right here!
So yes, I'm a binge eater. And apparently I am a "subjective" vs. "objective" binge eater. Who knew there were types? I didn't. I also have an appointment with a therapist for added benefit. This time, it's a therapist who came highly recommended by my doctor. We'll see!
But I feel good about it. A step in the right direction.
Goodnight all.
WONDERFUL WONDERFUL NEWS!! I am so happy to be here as you journey journal and progress!! Food is food, love is love, food is not love, you are beautiful. I came to a realization over the past two weeks... it may or may not speak to you but I realized that binging for me, is a lack of self-love, and that made me feel so sad because at my most fundamental, love is my message. And how could I be wrapping myself in so much self anti-love? So so sad for me to realize. I don't really know how to put it into words. I guess I value me, I value you and binging is not living life the way we are meant to. Ugg I am babbling, because I am still figuring it out too. I love you.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Dana! I knew you'd be able to relate to this. Your realization speaks to me a lot. Strange how we care so much about so many things and people outside of ourselves, but never take the time to honor ourselves. Hard to do for me, when I have a serious hatred and disgust with my body. But I'm workin' on it! Thank you for sharing with me :). I love you too!
Delete