July 13, 2017

Change Day 3

The therapist I'm scheduled to meet with on July 25 charges $200 per visit with insurance, and $135 for the first visit and $80 for each additional visit without insurance. I've met half of my deductible, so the next $750 would be out of pocket. After that, anything health-related would be covered at 100%. By the way, I cancelled - that's a ridiculous hourly rate for NC (average hourly rate here is $65). The risk of finding another dud is not worth that kind of money (even if she came recommended).

Nonetheless, I need to break this down:

4 Weekly Visits
With insurance: $800 - but really $750 because I'd have met my deductible
Without: $375

9 Weekly Visits
With insurance: $750
Without: $775

20 Weekly Visits (the amount available through rest of year)
With insurance: $750
Without: $1655

So clearly, eight visits or less should be done without insurance; eight plus should be with insurance.

And 0 visits doesn't matter and costs nothing!

Thanks for putting up with my neuroses. :)

1 comment:

  1. I understand that there are certain things you can't put a price on but holy moly that cost is absurd. What are you going to do?

    ReplyDelete

"If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If broken by an inside force, life begins. Great things always begin from the inside."

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.