July 20, 2017

Change Day 2.3

Guilty: Writing a blog post during work hours. :) Honestly, the only reason I do this is because I really hate using the app on my phone to write. It takes forever. And I haven't used my personal laptop in months, so I don't feel like getting it out, starting it, etc. (Lazy, I know.)

Maybe I should write during my lunch break every day (instead of working through lunch).

And...because I work from home on Thursdays, I keep my TV on in the background, and I was glued to the TV when the OJ parole hearing was just televised. This is about the robbery he was convicted for 9 years ago. In 40 minutes, they'll be back (hopefully) with a decision on whether or not he'll get an early release in October. The media are all over this. It's interesting...he's such a smooth talker that even I began to feel sorry for him. But after listening to his attorney during the '95 acquittal (Darden) express his feelings on what he saw today, I now feel completely different. He was a bit cocky with the 4 individuals questioning him, and he completely lied "I've never been accused of using a weapon on anyone." Darden said "yeah, because they're both dead -you killed them." The other thing he said, "I've lived a completely conflict-free life." And then you go back to the 911 calls of Nicole screaming and crying, with OJ screaming in the background. Several records of him beating her. Her leaving the house in the middle of the night, naked, just to get away from him. Now, one of the commissioners questioning him held up piles of letters saying, "We've received hundreds of positive support letters for you, and hundreds more letters requesting that we consider your '95 acquittal when making our judgment. I want to let you know that the '95 acquittal will not be considered in this trial." And Darden and the newscasters said, "Even still, no one can forget all of that," saying that it's pretty difficult, in his case, to erase that from your mind when you're passing judgment on him.

I've never been super obsessed with the OJ/Nicole Simpson case, but it really is intriguing, and it's because of that, that the media are swarming the courtroom now. It's kind of difficult to stop watching - so now I have to stay tuned in the next half hour to watch the decision.

!! It's on....you guys will experience it with me!

OK the news is saying they really think they're going to let him out on parole. OK they're announcing it!! The verdict is: one said yes, next: says yes, next: says yes, and final says: yes. 

Parole is granted. Wow. According to the justice system, I get it. He was there for nine years, exemplary behavior, attended several programs during his stay, and they're not considering the '95 case - so, if I pretended he was a stranger, I'd completely agree. It's just so hard to forget everything else.

OK food: So far today, I had two chocolate chip cookies, bacon, egg and cheese on a sesame bagel, and two ......truffles, ugh. Good thing: the truffles are so freaking sweet that even I can't eat more than two at a time!

Behavior change: I no longer belly dance. : (

1 comment:

  1. OMG I loved your belly dance posts.

    Is part of the process also food tracking?

    What's in store for the weekend? xo

    ReplyDelete

"If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If broken by an inside force, life begins. Great things always begin from the inside."

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.