August 9, 2017

5.2

Wednesday

Super tired today. Ate my trusty two BK pies last night. I ate them around 10pm, while watching some new dance reality show on TV. I was tired, but I still wanted to eat them. It's a ritual - imagine a slice of pie (not really big) in its own cardboard box - shaped just like the pie slice. On each side there are strips that you pull off, so that the top folds back. Because I don't like getting pie stuck in the front corner, the front has a place where you can separate it by pulling apart the two pieces that meet. Then I grab the plastic fork wrapped in plastic, and pull it down so the handle of the fork tears through. I pull the fork out, put the plastic it was wrapped in into the paper BK bag, along with those two strips of cardboard from the sides of the pie, and I stick my fork into the very first perfect, thick, creamy, cookie crusted bottom piece - right at the front, so it's a perfect triangle. I love the feel of the fork going through the different layers, and I love the texture of the pie the most. I like the crunchy, sandy, texture of the crumbled dark chocolate cookie crust, and the chocolate/peanut butter mousse filling with pieces of Snickers on top and throughout. It's crunchy, creamy and chewy all together. I eat it slowly, savoring each forkful. I finish it in approximately 7-9 bites. I love the last 2-3 because it's the back of the slice, where the cookie crust is on the bottom and along the entire back. Then I push the box lid into the inside of the box and put it in the BK bag, holding on to my fork to do the very same thing with the next slice. After putting the second box into the BK bag, I throw it away in the kitchen trash can.

What an interesting task for a nutritionist to ask someone to do. I think I can see how it might work but it feels odd - like I'm celebrating poor eating habits. But I get it...I'll be patient.

Good note: Feeling very productive today at work, and my boss cancelled our one on one today since she's in Boston, which gives me more time to get stuff done.

1 comment:

  1. I googled the snickers pie when you first mentioned. I ritual all the time too.

    Food always. Coffee as well. Back in the day rolling joints-the process and the element I used to say...

    Happy Friday my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete

"If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If broken by an inside force, life begins. Great things always begin from the inside."

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.