February 1, 2016

Facing the music...tomorrow

I feel like a failure. I called out sick today. I really did need it, though. And the work continued to pile up today, so tomorrow, I've decided to go in, make a list of everything I have to do, attend the meetings I have to attend, respond to the emails I have to answer, call my boss and tell her I need her help. "Here's what I have, this is what I need help on. Where do I begin?" I'm not only new to this market, but I'm new to marketing in general - and she knows that. The outcome I'm hoping for is a better understanding and better grasp of what I'm doing. If it's too much - I'm going to ask for help from (who knows where) to take some things off my plate.


I've also decided it's time for me to move on from this company. I have been with them since the beginning but they are sucking the life out of me. I don't want to climb the corporate ladder - I simply want a job I understand, that I can excel at. I've already started submitting my resume to positions and I'll continue to do so.


What it boils down to is this: my health is more important than all of this stupid fucking bullshit. When I'm lying on my death bed at the end of my life, I don't want to look back at a person who gave every ounce of her being to corporate America. I'm over it.


I emailed the owner of the massage company I'm starting at soon. Told her I can begin after February 15 (due to house hunting). Maybe massage will get my mind off of everything.


I can't wait for the Zoloft to start kicking in.



3 comments:

  1. So funny - I was posting an update as you asked! :) I feel better today than I did yesterday. Not resolved yet, but I see an opening in the sky, so I'm relieved. Thank you for thinking of me!

    ReplyDelete

"If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If broken by an inside force, life begins. Great things always begin from the inside."

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.