February 4, 2016

Morning Pages

Two friends/coworkers and I formed a mini-group to read and partake in The Artist's Way process/program thingy by Julia Cameron. It's a way of discovering/reigniting/unleashing your creativity.  I've kept hearing how wonderfully transformative it is through the years, so I was happy to join the group. It's small because it can get deep (into past stuff), and we feel safe with each other (relatively). There's a required daily activity for the 12 week program called Morning Pages. You simply wake up 30 minutes early each day and write (in longhand) 3 pages of stream of conscience thoughts in a notebook. The idea is that you write for yourself - you don't share it. It is a personal conversation between you...and whoever enters your space (your muse, your higher power, the universe, God, Gaia, Goddess, etc.) Today was my first day, and I have to say, I was impressed. It really does set the pace for the day and put things in perspective. Stream of conscience writing is interesting in that things somehow begin to automatically pour out of the pen on to the page. Before I knew it, I felt like I had a full-on therapy session with myself and started uncovering some blocks. Who knew?

In other news, saw a couple of houses. One last night built in 1950 - wow, good bones but it was in terrible condition. But what a wonderful experience to see it! It had original everything...I swear I was in a time warp! The other I saw a little while ago, loved it and made an offer. But I've made 6 offers now that haven't amounted to anything, so I've learned not to get my hopes up. I have 11 days left to find something, so time is of the essence. I should hear back tomorrow, but no matter what, I decided that if nothing happens by February 15, I'll just rent an apartment.

1 comment:

  1. Love the way you are always working on yourself-any house news?

    ReplyDelete

"If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If broken by an inside force, life begins. Great things always begin from the inside."

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.