February 9, 2016

The P Word

Dude. I should buy stock in these:


They're the largest maxi pads known to man (that I'm aware of). They feel like diapers. They're seriously like 50 feet long and 10 feet wide. The front comes to just below my belly button practically and the back goes to the top of my ass crack. Now that you have that lovely picture in your head...let me make it worse. I have completely soaked 3 of these today. And the day before that. I've had my period for almost 3 months straight now. It was finally getting lighter (meaning, I could wear a regular pad), and now this.


I'm dizzy, lightheaded, exhausted (went to bed at 10:30pm last night -  normally go to bed at 12 or 1). I've started taking a multivitamin with iron, as well as B complex. I also tried Vitex (chasteberry) which is supposed to naturally regulate my cycle. It has worked for me when I skipped my periods months at a time, but it's not working this time.


After tons of research, I think I'm going through perimenopause. It can start as early as 30 in some women and having just turned 40, I've discovered that it's really not uncommon at my age to be going through this. Symptoms are many, and include irregular or excessive periods, irrational anger (lol), sleep problems (hello? I haven't slept through the night in months...I've never had that problem!), night sweats (have had these for close to a year now), migraines (yup, but not as frequent as last year when I had them almost daily), excessive facial hair (yup - plucking those little buggers like mad lately!), dry skin, hair (yup...no longer have to wash my hair every day due to it normally being very oily), anxiety (mmhmm...).


So, perhaps that's my problem. My ovaries are taking their last stand. Apparently, this phase can last up to ten years!!! What?


Now that I want to finally start dating... how do people have sex like this (not that that's the first thing I think about lol)? I can't go anywhere without a purse full of pads. Not to mention how many times I have to change/wash my underwear and pants because the pads aren't enough! (Had to come straight home from work instead of doing my grocery shopping because I had to shower and change first!)


I bitch about this, but at the same time, no...I don't want birth control or IUDs. Other than a hysterectomy, the only option seems to be to wait until this passes....that's insane.


4 comments:

  1. Sounds irritating on multiple levels. I hear you on the no hormones. Uggg I feel your frustration and wish I could help... Grrrrr >:o/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen a different doctor for a second opinion? That's a huge ordeal you are going through, affecting your quality of life. Hysterectomy may be the way to go if you are done with kids for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet, but I do plan on it, yes. And I think you're right about the hysterectomy :(.

      Delete

"If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If broken by an inside force, life begins. Great things always begin from the inside."

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.