February 2, 2016

Baby Steps

I came into work today. Although my entire team works off site, I felt obligated to work from the office but then had people say "Why aren't you working from home? You sound terrible!" when I came in. lol

My cold is slowly getting better. I'm just exhausted, probably mentally, too.

I had a busy day. I didn't have time to reach out to my manager, but I did reach out to my coworker, who is in a similar situation but not as overwhelmed. I asked her if I was the only one feeling this pressure. She's been with the company just as long as I have been, so she came from another department and has a TON of industry knowledge in her market (which I don't). She said, "Jeanine, it's only because I'm new and have no idea what's in store for me. I'm peacefully blinded right now so I have time to focus on the little things. But it will all change once I get up to speed."

I'm managing 5 campaigns on top of the regular, day to day stuff.

She heard me, though, and provided really great feedback. I felt better after speaking with her, and we're going to (the three of us) discuss working out a strategy to deal with everything being thrown at us in our 2 hour meeting Thursday morning.

I'm also scheduling a regular, one on one meeting with my manager, to get more granular and let her know what I have going on, etc.

So, baby steps. I'm glad I faced the music today.

4 comments:

  1. Way to face the music! Resisting is so much energy. If you look back on your life, you will see that you always made it. You always do. This is just the beginning of something completely new. Look forward..go with it it. Trust, believe. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Dana. You always tell me the things I most need to hear. :)

      Delete
  2. I love having the entire office to myself (rarely happens). But yeah, being sick would sap the peace from it. :( I really do hope you are already feeling better (it's been a couple days since you posted it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, my entire department is around me, but my new team (my boss and coworker)both get to work remotely (no fair!). But yes, I have to say - it's also kind of nice. I'm the type who gets more done in silence. If they were here, I'd be interrupted constantly. Thank you for the well wishes - I am feeling much better now. :) I hope your son is, too!!

    ReplyDelete

"If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If broken by an inside force, life begins. Great things always begin from the inside."

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.