But personally, over the past couple of weeks, in dealing with the loss of Lizzy, Facebook has been my best friend. I just finished watching her memorial service via a live webcast that a local arts group provided for free in Lizzy's home town. The service was wonderful. I felt like I was there. I got to see old friends, familiar faces, fun costumes, children dancing. I got to to hear people singing and sharing their Lizzy stories. It was wonderful.
A post was made yesterday in the FB group created for "Friends of Lizzy" which gently reminded everyone attending in person, to not discuss the details, out of consideration for her young son, Logan. That meant so much to me. When my father committed suicide, I was 12 and my sister was 13. They didn't tell us how he died, but after the funeral when we all went to my grandmother's house for a (not a party, but..whatever), my sister and I overheard people sharing (horrible) details, and that's how we found out. It's a terrible way for children to discover that sort of thing. And I'd hate for that to happen to Logan.
Anyway, that's why I'm so grateful for technology and social media. It truly can bring people closer together.
Sending love your way...because that's what I do-I love you! xo
ReplyDelete:) I love you, too. Thank you.
Delete