March 22, 2016

Middle of a work day

Sometimes I daydream about getting rid of all of my possessions (except my cats...who kind of possess me, really) and rent a small bedroom in a house and bag groceries for a living and write in my spare time.

Lofty dreams, have I.

I'm marketing this new vertical - autism, disabilities, etc. and I'm responsible for the sales pipeline for our entire company. And I'm new (to this role). There's increasing pressure that the pipeline this year is in serious trouble compared to last year. The number of demos performed are significantly decreasing. They want answers...now. They're under pressure from the top - and of course, now I'm in a tizzy - along with my entire department - trying to figure out what the heck is wrong - so the Sales department can be happy and get off our backs. My manager's manager, the VP of Marketing, sent an email about this at 2am, requesting a report. And it was the first meeting I had this morning. I really hope I can figure this out. I hate being seen as a failure.

OK....back at it...



1 comment:

  1. You are incredibly smart and beyond capable,

    don't let the pressure fool you into thinking otherwise.

    You you you --- yes, inhale exhale...repeat as necessary.

    ReplyDelete

"If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If broken by an inside force, life begins. Great things always begin from the inside."

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.