March 8, 2016

Knots

New lease started today. Paid $1437 in move-in costs, took the keys and saw my new apartment. They sent the lease docs via their online portal and I haven't signed the actual lease agreement yet. 

I hate it. It's clean but it's old and small and not warm. They told me the carpet was new-ish. It reeks of pet urine. There are no light fixtures in the living room or the bedroom. 

I feel the weight of ten tons on my mind. What did I do? I'm so torn up over this. My current apartment is already leased. I have to be out by the 24th. I already transferred utilities, etc., but I don't want to live in that apartment. 

There are units available here. My plan is to see what I can do to leave the new apartment and stay in my current building. I may lose out on a shitload of money (goodbye tax return) but I just can't live there.

I'm so worried about this that I can't sleep and couldn't even eat tonight. I have the Uhaul and a friend ready to move me on Saturday! Ugh.

2 comments:

  1. Complain and complain loudly to management and make them give you a different unit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Theresa-there is absolutely no reason you need to live with the smell of pet urine-that is unacceptable.

    ReplyDelete

"If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If broken by an inside force, life begins. Great things always begin from the inside."

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.