April 15, 2017

I know what you're doing

About my "loyalty is attractive" post on FB...

So this guy friend requested me about a year ago. We are both members of a race relations group and have been for years. He private messaged me telling me that he and his wife are in massage therapy school. She just graduated and he still has several months left. 

We talked about massage therapy, the board exam, etc. Every few weeks or so he'd PM me to ask how it was going (with massage therapy). Our conversations were ALWAYS platonic and I made absolutely sure of that. 

He seemed happily married but then he created a separate FB account and friend requested me. I accepted as I have a few friends who have done that to keep work and social separate.

On and off I'd see posts either indicating he's having problems or that he is extremely happy in his relationship. I unfriended the second account he made. Something just didn't seem right.

So, what's my issue? 

Every single time he has PM'd me, he goes through all of my photos and likes them - like, several of them- while he is asking me how I'm doing, etc. After the first time this happened, I was confused but overlooked it. And like I said, I made sure that I always kept the conversation platonic. Not that this matters, but I am totally not even interested in that way and he is in another state. 

So, when this became a pattern, I stopped responding to his PMs. It just seems shady. And he'd post these elaborate things about how he respects and loves his "queen" and he's honored to be her husband and all of this BS. I'm sorry but it's creepy having a married man sending mixed messages and then going on random rampages of digging through your photos and liking them. 

He PMd me a few days ago and I thought maybe he got the message that I am not interested. He told me he graduated and I congratulated him. He told me he'd take the exam soon and did I know that there's this Thai Massage CE course in Asheville NC? Before I responded, he was up to his old tricks and started liking my photos again. I simply said, yeah, you'll start receiving a lot of CE opportunities in the mail now that you've graduated and good luck on your exam." He sent a "thumbs up " icon and that was that.

Yesterday was his wife's birthday and he posted all of this stuff about how happy he is, and she is just oblivious to his shady ways. Or she isn't -- but when she brings it up (because how many other women must he do this with?) he probably tells her she's crazy and insecure. Typical. 

My plan is to unfriend him. But it's awkward since we're in the same race relations group (a small group). I could remove him from seeing my posts and ignore his PMs. He just makes my skin crawl.

Thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. hide him for a minute..you'll know when the time is right to delete. won't even be a question anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah he PM'd me a couple weeks ago telling me he passed the board exam for massage therapy and I just never responded. I've also unfollowed him. Problem solved so far!

    ReplyDelete

"If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If broken by an inside force, life begins. Great things always begin from the inside."

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.