April 30, 2017

Chuck Norris is a trusty kinda guy, right?

For the past two months I have been seriously considering purchasing a Total Gym. It's sitting in my Amazon cart as we speak. It's the only piece of exercise equipment that actually motivates me to want to get in shape. 

But how many people have said this very same thing only to have it collect dust?

My intention would be to actually use it, but what if I fail?

What if I don't fail?

I wanted to buy the latest $1500 version but after lots of research, the less expensive "Force" provides everything I need for $368 on Amazon.

Yes it's super long but it collapses so it can be stored under the bed. Some people say it's a hassle to collapse it and easier to leave it out. I figure if I'm the only person ever in my apartment, who cares if it's left out? 

My therapist was pretty unsupportive and recommended going to the local Y instead. Out of the 6 free visits I was allowed, I stopped after the fourth. He was not my cup of tea. Not just because he wasn't supportive of my Total Gym idea, of course, but because he provided not one piece of useful or helpful advice the entire time I saw him.

So I will never know if this piece of equipment will be a good idea or not unless I try. If  it doesn't work out, I can sell it. If it does work out, I will be an extremely happy woman!

Any advice?


10 comments:

  1. If it feels right...Buy it! I was totally gonna say if it's not for you sell it, but you're already there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That said, I do need to state Chuck Norris big time republican...just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't decided yet. I hired a professional organizer though!! Maybe after she's finished, it'll free up more of my mental space (and physical space!), so maybe in June!

      Delete
  3. And that's freakin awesome too :-D !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll blog about it after she's finished!

      Delete
  4. I don't even think my foot could physically reach my ass at this point if I wanted to! 😆😆

    ReplyDelete

"If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If broken by an inside force, life begins. Great things always begin from the inside."

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.