June 2, 2017

Professionally Organized

Updates....

I hired a professional organizer! Her final session is tomorrow from noon to five. So far I've gotten rid of a lot of boxes, my living room is re-arranged for the better, and I purchased organizing stuff that made me think "why the heck  haven't I done this sooner?!"

There are a few downsides I've come to realize which sound pretty negative (below) but really, overall I'm happy with it. Could have been worse.


Downsides:

  • She is nice but VERY chatty and very A-Type. After she leaves, I am physically and mentally drained. I don't leave my house for the rest of the weekend because I have to decompress.
  • This also means she takes longer to do the job I'm paying (really good money) her to do. This has resulted in $495 turning into $700. Plus about $300 in organizing supplies.
  • Even though I ordered her "Fairy Godmother" package (9 hours for $495), and she told me she'd be able to do everything in the 9 hours, which wasn't true. (Don't get me wrong - she always informs me of time/money, and whether I want to continue, but if you say you're able to do it - you should be able to do it.)
  • She helps me carry the boxes and donation bags to my car, but I have to get rid of them. She could do it, but it would be $45/hr. Ugh.
  • I'm doing a heck of a lot of "homework assignments" to prepare for her sessions, and I help her while she's there, too.
  • Examples: After our first session, my homework was to go through the rest of the boxes and sort what I want, don't want, etc. 
  • After second session: Purchase a bunch of organizing items for the kitchen....and before our 3rd, final session, which is tomorrow, Saturday: she called me on the phone to create a plan of action to "make the best use of our time," and she gave me another list of things to purchase with only two days notice. She also wants me to go through my closet and sort what I want, don't want and then do the same with the bathroom. If I'm doing this, what do I need her for? So I'm curious as to what she's actually going to do. Also, I'm going to ask my mother or sister to call me at 5pm on the dot, and let her know that I have to go.
She asked me if I would be a reference for a client with a huge project for her. She said she thinks it's odd that someone actually needs to speak with references for organizing, but that's fine. After speaking with the potential client, I was disappointed that I hadn't done the same thing! And as nice as I possibly could, I let her know that she's great but I'm really an introvert, and she's very high-energy, talks a lot but she's really nice...blah blah. But the lady told me that the other two references provided the same info.

In other news.... I am sitting in a conference room at work, because no one else needs it, it's dark, quiet and I am recovering from a migraine. I wanted something to de-stress me, so I figured I'd use this time to blog! hehe And while I normally sit here until 8pm, I am going home in 5 minutes, on time!

I really hope this migraine leaves by tomorrow! lol

1 comment:

  1. I hope you're feeling better by now?
    Did you take before and after pics?

    ReplyDelete

"If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If broken by an inside force, life begins. Great things always begin from the inside."

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.