March 8, 2017

Another dud

Visit #2 with my therapist was on Monday. If the next four sessions are like the 2nd session, I will have received zero help at all.

Here's what was going through my mind:

Is he listening?
Is he just coasting by because of the six free sessions?
Did he seriously just look at his cell phone messages?
Does he not have notes from my last session that I have to re-explain things?

He opened with: So, what would you like to talk about?

Seriously? I just unloaded my issues in the first visit and that's why I'm here. I want you to do your job and help me to help myself! Give me something...something to chew on or ponder. Ask me a damned question... anything!

I told him I didn't take his advice to go for a walk and that I have no idea why I simply have zero motivation or interest to do anything. He acted like "eh, no big deal, just try again."

Omg I just remembered that he also asked me how his wife could apply to my company for a job!!! 

Anyway... I guess I have to search for a new therapist.

5 comments:

  1. Totally relate. Finding a therapist that is the right fit is hard sometimes, but don't stop looking. If all else fails, I have two in recent history that were good fits for me, perhaps phone calls might be an option? Here is the first I would recommend http://www.leeannehartwell.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Dana! I wanted to thank you so much for the referral by the way. My therapist is still a dud but I will go until the free six visits are over. I'm in Holly Springs, NC, about 30 minutes from Raleigh, and from Durham.

      Speaking of which, can I have your address? Not to send anything necessarily but just to have it.

      Delete
    2. Hola Jeanine <3

      Right now we are at

      206 7th St
      4L
      Jersey City, NJ 07302

      but we won't be for very much longer ;)

      Always thinking of you my dear friend.

      Big hugs and then some xo

      Delete
  3. I like it best when you write a lot.
    Missing you and your vibe!! xo

    ReplyDelete

"If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If broken by an inside force, life begins. Great things always begin from the inside."

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.