Last week was tough to get through. This week will be tougher. But I discovered that I work best under pressure, no matter how much I bitch about it, and no matter how much of a perfectionist I am. I jump in, I get shit done, and I do it with a smile.
My manager got back to me about my pay increase. She said after more than a dozen back and forth emails with HR, which only happened because that's the department I came from - was pushed out of - had my career ruined - and they probably hated to think that I'd actually succeed in another role and be given a raise and a promotion. This back and forth doesn't ever happen normally. A manager requests it, and HR does the technical work to make it happen - there is no "back and forth". It is not their decision, it is the manager's decision, given the allotted budget and clearance from the manager's manager. All this to say, I got my fucking raise. 6.5% (really 3% on top of my merit increase) but I am SO happy that my manager came through and fought for me. She said she was persistent and that I deserved it. It felt SO good to hear that. I don't care about the money (except to pay bills, of course), but it's more about principal for me. Always has been.
The result is that you want to put in the extra effort because you feel appreciated.
I haven't made the call to the owner at the massage company I work at but I've decided to end my contract with them and work for myself. My business cards came in and now I'm building my web site. I'll make the call this week.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you!!!
DeleteThanks so much!!!
ReplyDelete