I have been out of control lately. At work, therefore in life.
I'm reaching that higher side of the scale that I despise so much (I know...don't use it. It's evil.). I went to the hair salon, and the chairs are in front of a floor-to-ceiling mirror. There is no hiding. I looked monstrously large...but you know how some plus-size women still look really good and healthy? Not I. It's almost as though you can tell that it's from soaring cortisol levels. It's almost a swollen, water retaining, inflamed kind of look. Enough to make me want to change...
Yet, still, I binge.
And while somehow my sugar levels were OK in my recent blood panel, my cholesterol was not so good (as always). However, it was my triglyceride count that concerned my doctor. It rose considerably. She said it's carbs mainly.
Also.....FINALLY...it showed low iron... I knew it instinctively (well and my ice addiction is still in full force). I have super highly-rated iron pills that melt under your tongue, but even if I eat with them, I get nauseous. So I start taking them and then stop. Any feedback would be much appreciated on this! Also, how much? I've been taking one pill a day - is that enough? Does it depend on weight/iron level? I guess I can Google all this.
I have been applying for jobs, had an interview on Friday. It went well, it's a great company but man, their benefits suck. If the pay makes up for the difference, I will take it....if they offer. lol
Currently, I receive shitty pay, but the benefits are good:
- 100% paid health insurance premiums
- 50% paid annual deductible
- 6% 401k matching
- 10% annual bonus based on the company's EBITDA
- 3-5% annual merit increase
- Unlimited PTO (which really means 4 weeks per year since I've been w/Relias for 7 years)
- 1 day-per-week work from home
- Flexible workday start/end times (7-4, 9-6, etc.)
This company offers:
- 50% paid health insurance premiums
- 0 annual deductible
- 3% 401k matching
- 0 annual bonus
- 2 weeks PTO for the first 3 years
- 0 work-from-home days
If the pay makes up for all of this - I can live without work-from-home days and the lack of an annual bonus and healthcare premium payment.
They told me they'd get back in 1-2 weeks. Sheesh, that's a long time. My next interview is Thursday, however. And I have a few in the pipeline.
cortisol IS real. Mm hmm.
ReplyDeletemy mom loves this kind of iron https://www.amazon.com/Slow-Fe-Supplement-Tablets-Deficiency/dp/B011A4F6BC/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=slow+fe&qid=1552602978&s=gateway&sr=8-3
I prefer less fillers and this kind: https://www.amazon.com/Mason-Natural-Release-Compare-Ingredients/dp/B00431PRHI/ref=pd_sim_121_3/136-7750117-1220620?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00431PRHI&pd_rd_r=b1bfb95b-46a9-11e9-a09e-af4805a7e305&pd_rd_w=tvUL7&pd_rd_wg=eS2WE&pf_rd_p=90485860-83e9-4fd9-b838-b28a9b7fda30&pf_rd_r=SRWRZFQZXABJYJJQP62X&refRID=SRWRZFQZXABJYJJQP62X&th=1
I actually take three iron pills a day one with each meal but i started slow with only one and doubled up during period - because before my ablation i was bleeding for weeks on end. i started slow with only one per day because everyone warned me that constipation may ensue-i do not have that issue.
something else that really helped me food wise, is curating my instagram account to follow only things that feed my soul, brain and heart, etc... body kindness, health at every size, body positive and of course all the other interests i have but the messages are inclusive and diverse and are seeping into my being..
if there is any way i can support you i am here for you
what else have you been reading lately.. i have been devouring books-which is something i was shelving due to all the time i used to spend prepping and planning and counting out my food... so much more space in my life for other enjoyable nourishing activities... guess i should go do some laundry and clean my floors now but i am here, reading, loving, supporting and respecting :)
fingers crossed that the job search is fruitful!
oh! also in the event ever you are interested, the nutritionist i have been seeing does remote sessions...
fill us (me) in on every other little thing when you have a minute.
love you xo
ps Rebecca Scritchfield has a body kindness podcast, I enjoy it even though the sound quality is iffy sometimes...
ReplyDelete