December 4, 2016

Could have been worse right?

Car accident 
6:50pm Thursday night 12/1/16
My fault 
Other car's driver had no injuries and no other passengers 
Thank goodness 
Saw someone speeding behind me from my rear view mirror; they swerved around me but by the time I looked down again there was a car stopped completely in front of me 
I veered to the right but still hit the bottom right corner of her SUV
I hit the steering wheel and blacked out momentarily
When I came to, my hands covered my face and chest 
I was breathing deeply in and out over and over because of the pain and to calm myself down 
I didn't know where I was for a good five minutes as I sat there, cars swerving around me and sounds of glass crunching everywhere 
My glasses flew off my face 
Couldn't find my purse, cell phone 
My knees were killing me 
I pulled over to the side of the road somehow and found my phone on the floor and dialed 911
I could barely tell the operator where I was
I was shaking and crying 
The lady in front of me got out and was looking at her car
A cop arrived 
Wrote up the accident report 
I apologized to the lady 
Explained what happened 
She was nice 
She didn't want to leave me there 
Because I was so close to home 
And the car actually drove
The cop allowed me to drive it home 
Are you sure you don't need EMS?
All I could say was I don't know 
My chest hurt but I was walking around so I figured I was just shaken up 
I got home and the pain set in
I took a cab to the ER
EKG normal
Fractured rib 
Chest wall contusions (bruising)
Pain will get worse over next few days 
And yes, it is
Lots of rest
Ice
Muscle relaxers 
Pain meds
Still hurts like hell 
Thank goodness for sleep 
Thank goodness I am alive 
Car will be a total loss 
Almost paid off, naturally 
New tires
Excellent little car
I know I won't be given much for it from Geico
Have rental car 
But I'm afraid I'll have to get a new car 
And soon

Here's my little Scion, poor thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

"If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If broken by an inside force, life begins. Great things always begin from the inside."

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.