While following up on a freelance job I was offered, the person at the staffing agency assured me that the company owner was interested and said she'd call me on Monday. I've been waiting to hear back from her for 2 weeks. But - in the meantime, the guy at the staffing agency asked me if I'd be interested in providing HR-related marketing and editing services for him (HR is in my wheelhouse - editing, too!). Then I discovered the staffing agency is an off-shoot of the company that offered me the other position. It's all strange, and I'm not sure how it will all work, but opportunities abound! So I'm still not sure if I'll ever hear from the first lady, although the guy said he'd email her. But he said he'd be following up with me on his project in a couple of weeks.
On another front...massage therapy. I would LOVE to not have to work as an independent contractor at the company I'm working at (part time). I would rather just start applying all of my marketing experience toward building my own clientele. Work on my own terms. Get paid the full price vs. handing 60% over to a company owner (which, of course, I respect and understand). Since I'm already employed full-time, I'm actually in a good position to try this out. So why not? I've already started playing around with business cards :).
My "target audience" will be the overworked. Corporate Americans who work 9-5 and are mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted from giving, giving, giving. My hours would be around their work schedules, so generally weekdays 7-10pm and weekends from 8am to 10pm. I would provide the massage in their home (with caution, of course - I have a safety plan in place). Aromatherapy would not be extra. I would sell individual massages, packages and provide a 10% discount on first time clients, and 20% discount for successful referrals (one discounted massage per referral). I'll offer Swedish, Deep Tissue, Hot Stone, MyoFascial Release, Trigger Point Therapy, Reflexology, Mud, Salt and Sugar treatments, and energy work including Reiki (I'm a level II practitioner) and Chakra Balancing upon request.I already have my own table, bolsters, linens, stones, oils, lotions, essential oils, etc. I may also look into higher-end hotels and wellness centers.
I'd create a web site where people can schedule appointments, and FB, LinkedIn, Twitter and Yelp accounts to help with promotion. I'd create a newsletter that people can register for online, blog posts that link back to the web site. Yeah...I can totally see it!!
You have opened the gates, here comes the business - corporate america is the best idea!! Many moons ago, we used to host brown bag seminars at lunch. We welcomed chiropractors, massage therapists, etc to present for an hour and share wisdom. Soooooo many of my friends and coworkers use/d these folks religiously.
ReplyDeleteThat makes me feel good! Thank you!
Delete