I'm happy to announce that I seem to have had a (sort of) regular period. It finally ended the day of my graduation ceremony (February 13). I couldn't believe it. Then on March 12 (the day of my move, as luck would have it), it returned. It was still extremely heavy, made me feel lightheaded, gave me cramps this time which was nice (because cramps are normal), but it stopped yesterday! Meaning, it lasted 6 days...not too bad!
Also, I finally spoke with my doctor. She called in my prescription refill but said she couldn't refill it again until I paid the balance of my bill. That was fair enough. I paid it, so I should be good now.
With my friend's passing, and the whole depression subject, it made me think about that last doctor visit - the one where I saw another doctor because mine was on vacation. He had me complete that depression survey. The results showed "moderate depression". He recommended that I see a psychiatrist and said he'd have someone call me. I'm not sure why it freaked me out a little, but it did. So, when they called, I let it go to voice mail. I know that I need to see someone - I even want to. But psychiatrist is just such a strong word. Had he said psychologist, it would have been easier. I know the difference, it's just my own stigma I have I guess. The reason I don't go is only due to money. The first two visits are free, but I can't afford to pay out of pocket until I reach my deductible (same ole story).
Something good... there is a festival in NC called "Glance". I've always wanted to go. It's on April 23 and it's only 1 hour away from me. http://glanceevent.com/ All I needed was to see the lanterns. It looks so beautiful.
Glance. is North Carolina’s newest festival, a lantern festival and twilight event. if you haven’t experienced an event like this before, you’re in for a true experience of the senses. this family friendly event will bring, joy, peace, hope and awe to a time of year when we all look for it.
I've decided I'm going.

You must go get a Glance!! I hear ya dearest. I am choosing joy through this heaviness-it's just that it all feels so heavy-but of course the choice is always mine...and yours ;) So switch gears, relax my mind, unwind-lighten the load and away we go!! xo
ReplyDelete